Translate

Sunday 13 April 2014

Status quo?

Just as anticipated, end march-start april has been extremeley busy on the work front. That is the situation each and every year in the business I work, and the last three weeks has included some days with almost round-the-clock working and travelling. It is a minor setback for the training, and not optimal even recovery-wise as there were some loong days and a couple of late dinners... but that's life, and I guess common for most of us who are recreational athletes, so we just have to deal with it. 

In the limited time that I had the last two weeks I managed to get 4 hours of training in each. Not much but better than nothing. 

Status quo is: swimming I will continue to go on our club's tuesday sessions, not much more than that, bike volumes have to go up soon and quite a bit so, running seems to be fine, that I have the absolute most confidence in now. Even with a bit of inconsistancy in the training I have no problem in clocking quite fast km:s no matter the distance. In two weeks there is sentrumsløpet 10k run in which I am planning to participate, to find out a bit more of my speed reserves. I am confident to do very near the 40 min mark and will at least give a shot at trying to break that magic mark. 

The real season opener Hove triathlon is 62 days away, so time is running fast now. The objective is to start the season where I ended the last one, by making a new PB, now it is only a matter of some regimented training to be able to toe the start line knowing I am able to do so! 

No comments:

Post a Comment