Translate

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Ready steady go! or am i?

A mere 3 weeks to season opener Hove tri. I have had a couple of setbacks in the last month, a rather peculiar "injury", in a quite sensitive place if you know what I mean :) nothing too serious, but enough to have put me out of swimming and cycling totally, and almost totally from running too. Tomorrow though if the doctor gives "go", I am letting all hell loose. Almost exploding out of excess energy which has been building up.

I have been active though, but more so with weight- and core etc. training. Some rowing and ski-ergo has also been manageable training so fitness is still there. I can look at this as kind of a "taper" period, tomorrow would be the first club training sprint tri which  I really would want to use as a test, and I've got a lot of plans for various tests and a couple of weeks of high-octane preparing up to Hove which is an olympic distance race. I still want to try and start the season with a new PR on that distance. 

Got new Schwalbe Ultremo ZX tyres on my TT which I am eager to test, a new pair of Asics Gel-Noosas to represent this summers race flats and some fancy name + flag-stickers to bike and helmet too, to add some feeling and internal hype ;) that's important too you know :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment